Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Starting.

I woke up this morning feeling super overwhelmed by the task at hand. There are two parts that are the hardest part of any project -- starting and ending.

One of my favorite professors at UT gave us a list of advice at the end of the semester. One that stuck out in particular was to make your bed every day before you leave the house.

It's hard to know where to start when there is shit everywhere so I took up his advice and started here.


I have always found that making my bed instantly creates calmness in my mind. I love the fabrics and textures of blankets and pillows. Beds typically are the most important part of a bedroom. They take up the most space and are the easiest focus point of the room.


Needless to say, I felt much better after I had made the bed. I then picked up everything on the floor and put it into the guest room. It's a good thing we have four bedrooms in this house and only two people are living here.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to move back up here for the summer is because of the space. I need a lot of room right now. I'm rearranging and reorganizing and it's harder to do that when you don't have your own space.

The current blanket I have on my bed is from my Aunt Katy. It's actually a tablecloth but I love the pattern on it.


I'm not willing to give this up yet -- really there's no reason to because it's actually being used right now.

This is only day two of the project. I've managed to create space in my room so that I can start sorting through stuff. I believe I'm going to start with the bathroom, but that is for tomorrow. I have accomplished enough for today.





No comments:

Post a Comment