Monday, May 23, 2011

Let Go: The Beginning

"Before the new chapter has begun, the old one has to be finished: tell yourself what has passed will never come back. Remember that there was a time when you could live without that thing or that person - nothing is irreplaceable, a habit is not a need."
-Paulo Coelho


I have never been the best at letting things go. It's something that I always try to convince myself I'm good at it, but the fact of the matter is that I have a bunch of stuff around me that I don't need. I convince myself that I need to hold on to these things for one reason or another -- typically it revolves around the desire to remember either a person or an experience.

I have taken a hiatus from life in Austin and moved back in with my dad. I've decided to take this time to take care of myself, move on from my past and prepare as much as I can for the future. I strongly believe in facing obstacles in life head on and this is my way of doing it.

Soul searching is a process. I hope letting go of these things will bring me closer to finding my inner peace. =)

Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment